Sunday 23 June 2019

The Quest continues

Rather than me vanish for long periods of time i figured i would post up more progressional blogposts to keep myself on track and share what ive been doing.

so having created my floorpans and such i realised 1 massive design flaw that i had overlooked which was part of the original game...doorclips!!
my tiral dungeon runs so far involved all of my doors rocking precariously but more than often..just falling over. i knew i needed to fix it so put everything else on hold to get something in place.
and luckily....they worked!


  1. using 1mm thick plasticard i constructed a base/clip which was 30 in depth and as wide as my doors, the section inbetween which operates as the clip im made sure was as close to 0.1mm thinner than the overall floortiles, and additionally i pinned these clips to allow some flex upon gripping the tiles so not to damage them
  2. checked they fit nice and snugly then repeated this process 13 times to cover the 12 doors and a portcullis
  3. putting them all to one side i then worked on only one as my prototype, and sculpted some greenstuff flagstone to ensure the doors would fit nicely into the recess.
  4. using Bluestuff i created a singular mold from my prototype
  5. and then using my new mold proceeded to complete all of the others
next job is to get these bases painted up and get those doors glued on.

additionally to this i thought i would share my spider prototype.
It doesnt look like much just yet, but wanted to show my intentions. and what i have planned
so this guy is pretty small. infact his legspan is probably about 32mm maximum.
And the reason for the pose is deliberate too. it isnt posed at all, and if you look carefully you can see i have put some semi sturdy wireframe through him.
the plan here once i have finished his sculpt is to replicate 12 of these using a bluestuff mold and put wires through each one. then i will 'hopefully' be able to pose each one uniquely...its a bold move i think. and one i hope pays off.

and finally. i wanted to share a new way i develop my bases
you know all of those scrap bits of putty or greenstuff you have left over from mixing too much?
i made them into flagstones on an old piece of plasticard, made a bluestuff mold and et voila
this save me a shed tonne of time too. and any extra greenstuff i have left over..gets sculpted into more flagstones.

so the next week will compromise of me painting up these new door bases so i can get that little speed bump put to bed. and next wekk i will be able to show them all being put to use.

anyways hope this prove helpful for someone out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.